среда, 24 марта 2010 г.

Comparing Two High-Performance I/O Design Patterns

Comparing Two High-Performance I/O Design Patterns:
1. Short and clear comparison of Reactor and Proactor I/O patterns.
2. Interesting info about props of different I/O mechanizm on different platforms (Win, Linux, BSD, Solaris).

Summary
This article investigates and compares different design patterns of high performance TCP-based servers. In addition to existing approaches, it proposes a scalable single-codebase, multi-platform solution (with code examples) and describes its fine-tuning on different platforms. It also compares performance of Java, C# and C++ implementations of proposed and existing solutions.

Contents
Intro
Reactor and Proactor: two I/O multiplexing approaches
Current practice
Proposed solution
TProactor
Performance comparison (JAVA versus C++ versus C#)
User code example
Conclusion
Appendix I
Appendix II
Resources

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий